The GVR Camera Club provides its members with written, multimedia and human resources to aid in the understanding of the art of photography.
Printed and Multimedia Resources
The GVR Camera Club maintains a library of materials that is housed on book shelves that are located across from the Monitors Work Station. Browse through the materials to locate items that may provide information on specific topics.
SIGS As Resources
The Special Interest Groups of the GVR Camera Club are the Club’s most powerful resource on a wide variety of topics. The Club has Special Interest Groups in the following areas, with more being added regularly.
- Beginning Digital Photography
- Photo Show Elements
- dSLR Cameras (Canon, Nikon, Sony and other brands)
- Black & White
Visit the GVR Camera Club’s Club Events for a complete list.
DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Multimedia SIG members go to this link to learn how to make a Camera Stabilizer for $15.00.
(NOTE: This list is provided solely as a reference of popular suppliers of photography equipment. The GVR Camera Club does not endorse, recommend or suggest one is preferred over another, nor is there any relationship between any supplier and the GVR Camera Club.)
- Adorama Photo (new & used equipment)
- B and H Photo & Video (new & used equipment)
- K E H (buy/sell used photo equipment)
- Used Photo Pro (a division of Roberts Camera)
Software: Free/Open Source/Shareware
- Get Google Photos here. Picasa is no longer – and has been replaced by Google Photos, an excellent digital photo organizer – it’s totally free! (free Google account is required).
- Download the Open Source photo editor GIMP here.
- Download the Open Source slide show creation program FFDiaporama here.
- Download a copy of Photoscape another powerful free editor.
Tutorials & Information
- Digital Photo Review will provide information on the technical aspects of almost any digital camera
- Learn Photoshop Elements 11 on the Adobe TV Website.
- Visit Adorama’s Digital Photography Classes for free learning experiences.
- Take a free online beginners class at GCF Learn Free. This is an excellent review for the Club’s Ten Week Course.
- 700+ photography and Photoshop free tutorials at PHLEARN, presented by long-time photo editor Aaron Nace.
- Read Digital Photo Magazine for free, great articles and tips.
Do you need individual help learning about your camera, matting, software? Some of our members are willing to share their expertise. Here is a list of some GVR Camera Club members willing to share their knowledge:
Class Notes and Handouts
“Taking Your Photography Equipment out of the United States — Things to Consider !” (article by Jim Roberts)
“Mastering Your Digital Camera” class handouts (Tom Aslakson)
- Mastering Your Digital Camera-1 Exposure Triangle
- Mastering Your Digital Camera-2 White Balance Exposure
- Mastering Your Digital Camera-3 Autofocus Manual
- Mastering Your Digital Camera 4-Composition
10-Week Beginner’s Class outlines (available soon here)
- Week 1 & 2:
- Week 2:
- Week 3:
- Week 4: Beyond Auto
- Week 5: Don White 3X5 Card
- Week 5: Don White Presentation
- Week 6: Elements
- Week 7: Proshow
- Week 8: Elements Organizer
- Week 9: Crawford
- Week 10: Mission Possible