Attend the weekly classes or our exclusive, yearly photo course:
- 10-Week Course, held each year from January into March
- Photoshop Elements 101
- ProShow Gold
- Master Your Digital Camera
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Attend one of the many groups which meet weekly to discuss a topic of special interest – just show up, no registration required:
- Studio & Advanced Techniques SIG – learn advanced techniques of photography, studio lighting, portraiture, table-top still life and more. Meets every Monday, 9:30am. NEW! View the 2016-2017 SIG Topics Calendar
- Black &White SIG – main focus is black & white print techniques & critique.
- Print/Digital SIG – bring your prints (2nd & 4th Tuesdays) or photos on a Flash drive (1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesdays) for “Show & Tell” and critique.
- Multimedia SIG – Click here to explore and learn the facets of multi-media, including audio, video & animation. (Note: NO prerequisites required to join this SIG!) Updated! View the 2016-2017 class topics calendar
- Photoshop CC & Lightroom CC SIG – the “post-processing” side of photography – elevate your software chops!
- “Photography Geeks” SIG – join this ad-hoc group to discuss cameras, lenses, features, accessories…and more!
- “What Can You Do with This Photo?” SIG – bring your photos to discuss what you might really do to improve them!
- NEW! Panasonic Lumix Cameras SIG – For owners of the amazing Panasonic Lumix model cameras – learn what this camera can really do.
Consult the Club Calendar for days, times and more details.
Join a field trip and have fun while you get some practical experience with your camera. There is a trip and subject to satisfy everyone’s tastes. And, meet some new Club members too!
Want to learn how to mat a print?; Having difficulty with a feature on your camera?; Need to learn how to use a printer or scanner?; Need some instruction on video editing?… One of our members with the knowledge will be happy to assist you – just ask! View list of topics and instructors
Mounting Prints On Foam Core Board
You may have seen prints mounted on foam core board in Camera Club displays. Watch the video below, created by the Multi-Media SIG and learn how to make the lightweight and inexpensive Foam Core Mounts.
Obtaining and Installing GIMP
This video shows how to obtain and install the GIMP Photo Editing Program.
Making “Color Pop” Using GIMP
This video shows how to make a photograph where the subject is in Color and the background is in Black and White. The video introduces the concept of “Layers” in GIMP.