- About Us
- Galleries INTRODUCTION
- Featured Gallery – Tom Aslakson
- Member Photo Galleries
- Theme Galleries
- Multimedia Presentations
- GVCC Travels
- Green Valley in Pictures
- Photos of the Month
- By Category Galleries:
- – Black & White Comparative
- – Black & White Monochrome
- – Creative Digitals
- – Studio Techniques
- – Nature
- – National Parks
- – Wonders of America
- Contact Us
This Month’s Slider Photos
Photo 1 – Carl Sparfeld
“Tombstone, AZ (iPad app processed)”
No camera information or exposure data provided.
Photo 2 – Judith Pollard
“Rose Bud, Olbrich Botanical Garden, Madison, WI”
Nikon CoolPix P100 1/na sec @ f/6.3 ISO= 160 FL= 32.7 mm
Photo 3 – Jeff Lierman
“Eiffel Tower” (edited w/ HDR program)
Nikon D700 1/500 sec @ f/11.0 ISO= 400 FL= 16.0 mm
Photo 4 – Barbara Sturgis
“American Indian Festival, Colorado River Basin”
Nikon D40 1/na sec @ f/5.6 ISO= 400 FL= 100.0mm
Photo 5 – Nancy Moss
“Field of Columbine Blossoms, Gothic, CO”
Nikon CoolPix P100 1/na sec @ f/6.3 ISO= 160 FL= 13.4 mm
GVCC regularly schedules field trips to various locales offering great photo opportunities in our diverse area. This season included:
- “Old Tucson Windows and Doors”
- “Colossal Caves”
- “Ruby Ghost Town”
- “Gammons Gulch”
about currently available field trips and events. Sign-up may be required.
- “10-Week Digital PhotographyCourse”
- “Exploring Photoshop Elements”
- “Photoshop Lightroom Basics”
- “Matting Instruction”
Over eight Special Interest Groups (SIGs), meet regularly each week. Topics include Multimedia, Studio Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo – an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed! “Tom Aslakson“
— This is Tom’s personal Member Photo Gallery on the GVCC Website. Tom has done a great job in preparing the gallery and displaying his wonderful images. This Gallery with Slideshow is a good example for members to check out if they are considering preparing a personal Member Photo Gallery for the GVCC Website.
Over eight Special Interest Groups (SIGs), meet regularly each week. Topics include Multimedia, Studio Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo – an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed!
Oct 5, 2015 thru Apr 29, 2016
Hours are Mon – Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-Noon;
The Club will be closed: Thanksgiving – Wednesday, 11/25 thru Sunday, 11/29; and Christmas/New Year – Thursday, 12/24 thru Sunday, 1/3/2016.
Get your very own Green Valley Camera Club water bottles, travel mugs, buttons or men’s/women’s T-shirts in a variety of colors. (Please note the Club Logo doesn’t show well on dark colors) Visit the Shop
MEMBERSHIP FOR 2015 – 2016 – It’s That Time of Year!
Beginning July 1, 2015, you can join as a new member or renew your membership, and it will not expire until December 31, 2016.
Membership fees for 2015 – 2016 will be $25.00 for one member and $35.00 for two members at the same address.
This year our method of payment will be by credit card only. There are two ways you can join or renew:
- On-line on any computer outside the Camera Club (join or renew now!), or
- On-line at the Member Services Computer in the Camera Club Lobby. Our friendly monitors are there to assist, if needed.
Need further information? Contact the Membership Committee, at (520) 428-0524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org>
Center weighted average
Canon EOS 60D
Contact Information for Photo Galleries, Slideshows, & Videos: (Click address to E-mail)
- Jim Roberts - Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-777-3326
- Chuck Hill - Showtime@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-829-7693
- Linda Gregory - ScavHunts@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-5121
- Holly Chorba - Travelogue@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-665-9771
- Larry Springford - mmSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-396-4096
- Carl Sparfeld - FieldTrips@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-9648
- Debbi Sinclair - GVinpictures@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-505-9180
- Wendell Werner - bwSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-829-7178
- Gary Kattge - StudioSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-207-1167
- Tom Aslakson - Nature@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-0611
- Mort Spencer - Exhibits@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-777-6768
All photos on our website pages are the property of our members and downloading or using the photos without permission of the owner is prohibited.
If you have any questions about this site or want permission to use our member photos, please contact us at:
© 2013-2014 Green Valley Camera Club, Arizona
- Image Files - JPEG, 1024 pixel size, at web-friendly resolution, preferably with Exif meta data
- Presentations (recommended) - PCs: ProShow Gold and Producer output to MPEG-4; MACs: iPhoto and iMovie (also Apple Keynote and Final Cut Pro) output to MPEG4, h.264 . Cross-Platform: Adobe Premiere Elements output to MPEG-4, h.264.
- Video (includes audio) - MPEG4, h.264 codec; NTSC Standard; progressive scanning; 720p to 1080p resolution, 30 fps preferred; 16:9 aspect ratio preferred, 4:3 aspect ratio OK; maximum duration 15 minutes.
- Website presentation and video plugins - Vimeo; shown directly in Wordpress website
- Audio (only) - MP3; The free software program titled "Audacity" is a good audio editor.
- Member Posts - Submissions: .txt and .TEXT files preferred; WORD.doc acceptable
- Member Links - To non-commercial personal outside websites; linked in member's GVCC personal gallery/bio; and approved by GVCC Webmaster
Note: There are other software Titles that are acceptable for developing and outputting suitable formats for presentations and videos to be shown in this website (i.e., Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Elements).
FEATURED PHOTO GALLERY -- "Tom Aslakson - Member of the GVCC"GVCC members are invited to submit their images for Featured Galleries and other galleries in the Website. Subject matter should support the gallery title. Instructions on how to submit images for our website galleries are provided on the GVCC "Photographic Image Submission Form" that is available on the sidebar of Gallery pages in this website. Any questions - contact Jim Roberts by email to: Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org.This is Tom's personal Member Photo Gallery on the GVCC Website. Tom has done a great job in preparing the gallery and displaying his wonderful images. This Gallery with Slideshow is a good example for members to check out if they are considering preparing a personal Member Photo Gallery for the GVCC Website. Looking forward to next season, the Featured Photo Galleries will be chosen from member suggestions.We invite you to send in your ideas for future Featured Photo Galleries. Have a great Summer!Click here to view the Featured Photo Gallery.