- About Us
- Contact Us
This Month’s Slider Photos
Photo 1 – Tom Aslakson
“Tubac Balloon Festival”
Canon EOS 60D 0.8 sec @ f/4.0 ISO= 320 FL= 24.0 mm
Lens= EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Photo 2 – Peg Robb
Canon PowerShot S5 IS 1/160 sec@ f/3.5 ISO= 200 FL= 72.0 mm
Photo 3 – J. Pollard
Nikon CoolPix S3100 n/a @ f/6.3 ISO= 80 FL= 15.4 mm
Photo 4 – J. Lambert
“Plain Chachalaca in the Rain, Costa Rica”
No camera or exposure data provided
Photo 5 – Shani Murray
Panasonic DNC-FZ200 1/500 sec@ f/2.8 ISO= 100 FL= 27.0 mm
The Green Valley Camera Club regularly schedules field trips to various locales which offer great photo opportunities, and to learn about our diverse area. Field trips this past season included:
- “Old Tucson Windows and Doors”
- “Colossal Cave”
- “Ruby Ghost Town”
- “Gammon Gulch”
To view the currently available field trips (as well as other events), click the “Learn More” link below. Sign-up may be required.
- “10-Week Digital PhotographyCourse” (over 150 members enroll each season)
- “Exploring Photoshop Elements for Beginning or Novice Users”
- “Photoshop Lightroom Basics”
- “Matting Instruction”
To learn more about the details of a class, and the schedules, click the “Learn More” link below.
There are over eight Special Interest Groups, or SIGs, which meet regularly each week. With topics including Multimedia, Studio Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo, there is an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed! “Wonders of America“
Enter the Gateway Arch to the “Wonders of America” gallery album of images taken by GVCC members as a special project . . . . . .
There are over eight Special Interest Groups, or SIGs, which meet regularly each week. With topics including Multimedia, Studio Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo, there is an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed!
“Wonders of America“
JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Pay your dues on-line with your credit card and SAVE!
The Board of Directors has implemented new fees for 2013-2014. Beginning July 1, 2013, if you pay on-line with a credit card, dues are reduced by $5.00. That’s $15.00 for a single or $20.00 for two members in the same household. If you elect to pay by cash or check the membership fee for a single is $20.00 or $25.00 for two members in the same household. You still must sign up on-line. If you need assistance, you can come into the club and use our member kiosk and ask a monitor to help you.
Your membership will not expire until December 31, 2014. So go ahead and join or renew now!
Center weighted average
Contact Information for Photo Galleries, Slideshows, & Videos:
(Click address to E-mail)
- Jim Roberts - Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-777-3326
- Chuck Hill - Showtime@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-829-7693
- Linda Gregory - ScavHunts@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-5121
- Holly Chorba - Travelogue@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-665-9771
- Larry Springford - mmSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-396-4096
- Carl Sparfeld - FieldTrips@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-9648
- Debbi Sinclair - GVinpictures@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-505-9180
- Al Crawford - bwSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-399-9030
- Gary Kattge - StudioSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-207-1167
- Tom Aslakson - Nature@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-0611
All photos on our website pages are the property of our members and downloading or using the photos without permission of the owner is prohibited.
If you have any questions about this site or want permission to use our member photos, please contact us at:
© 2013-2014 Green Valley Camera Club, Arizona
- Image Files - JPEG, 1024 pixel size, at web-friendly resolution, preferably with Exif meta data
- Presentations (recommended) - PCs: ProShow Gold and Producer output to MPEG-4; MACs: iPhoto and iMovie (also Apple Keynote and Final Cut Pro) output to MPEG4, h.264 .
- Video (includes audio) - MPEG4, h.264 codec; NTSC Standard; 720p to 1080p resolution, 30 fps preferred; 16:9 aspect ratio preferred, 4:3 aspect ratio OK.
- Website presentation and video plugins - Vimeo; shown directly in Wordpress website
- Audio (only) - MP3; The free software program titled "Audacity" is a good audio editor.
- Member Posts - Submissions: .txt and .TEXT files preferred; WORD.doc acceptable
- Member Links - To non-commercial personal outside websites; linked in member's GVCC personal gallery/bio; and approved by GVCC Webmaster
Note: There are other software Titles that are acceptable for developing and outputting suitable formats for presentations and videos to be shown in this website (i.e., Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Flash, Adobe Elements, and Adobe Premiere Elements).
FEATURED PHOTO GALLERY -- "Wonders of America"GVCC members are invited to submit their images for this featured gallery that is currently displayed. Subject matter should support the gallery title. Instructions on how to submit images are provided on the GVCC "Photographic Image Submission Form" that is available on the sidebar of Gallery pages in this website. Any questions - contact Jim Roberts by email to: Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org.Snowbirds come to Green Valley from their home States and Provinces with many images captured over the Summer and Fall months. We need FORTY (40) image subjects to complete this gallery designed around the U.S. Postal Service Commemorative Stamp titled "Wonders of America". Click "WONDERS PDF" for a PDF listing of the image subjects that we would like to receive from you!Looking forward to January, the Featured Photo Gallery will be chosen from member suggestions.We invite you to send in your ideas for future Featured Photo Galleries. Have a great holiday season!Click here to view the Featured Photo Gallery.