- About Us
- Galleries INTRODUCTION
- Featured Gallery
- Member Photo Galleries
- Theme Galleries
- Multimedia Presentations
- GVRCC Travels
- Green Valley in Pictures
- Photos of the Month
- By Category Galleries:
- — Black & White Comparative
- — Black & White Monochrome
- — Creative Digitals
- — Studio Techniques
- — Nature
- — National Parks
- — Wonders of America
- Contact Us
This Month’s Slider Photos
Photo 1 – Carl Sparfeld
“Tucson Rodeo 2015”
No camera information or exposure data provided.
Photo 2 – Judith Pollard
“Michigan Flowers Blooming”
Apple iPhone 6 1/6400 sec @ f/2.2 ISO= 32 FL= 4.2 mm
Photo 3 – John Fitzgerald
“Modest Saguaro at Saguaro Nat’l Park”
Nikon D90 1/2000 sec @ f/8 ISO= 800 FL= 105 mm
Photo 4 – Linda Gregory
“Iguana at Sonora-Desert Museum”
Panasonic DMC-FZ300 1/1600 sec @ f/4.0 ISO= 100 FL= 108 mm
Photo 5 – Sharlene Gillies
“Hammocks in Tubac”
Apple iPhone 5 1/125 sec @ f/2.4 ISO= 64 FL= 4.1 mm
GVRCC regularly schedules field trips to various locales offering great photo opportunities in our diverse area. This season included:
- “Old Tucson Windows and Doors”
- “Colossal Caves”
- “Ruby Ghost Town”
- “Gammons Gulch”
about currently available field trips and events. Sign-up may be required.
- “10-Week Digital PhotographyCourse”
- “Exploring Photoshop Elements”
- “Photoshop Lightroom Basics”
- “Matting Instruction”
Over eight Special Interest Groups (SIGs), meet regularly each week. Topics include Multimedia, Studio & Advanced Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo – an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed! “Members Favorite Image“
— This Featured Photo Gallery is the first of a series of favorite galleries that will be presented during the 2016 -2017 GVRCC season. Look forward to submitting your images in categories such as Portrait, Landscape, Action Sports, Wildlife, Architecture, Photojournalism, etc.
Over eight Special Interest Groups (SIGs), meet regularly each week. Topics include Multimedia, Studio & Advanced Techniques, Elements 101 and Beginning Digital Photo – an interest and experience level for everyone. No sign-up required – walk-ins welcomed!
“Members Favorite Image“
Will begin on Monday, November 7, 2016
Hours are: Mon – Fri 9:00am-4:00pm; Sat 9:00am – 12 Noon
In effect until Monday, November 7, 2016
Hours are Mon – Fri 9am-12Noon
Get your very own GVR Camera Club water bottles, travel mugs, buttons or men’s/women’s T-shirts in a variety of colors. (Please note the Club Logo doesn’t show well on dark colors) Visit the Shop
MEMBERSHIP FOR 2016 – 2017 – It’s That Time of Year!
Beginning July 1, 2016, you can join as a new member or renew your membership, and it will not expire until December 31, 2017.
Membership fees for 2016 – 2017 will be $30.00 for one member and $40.00 for two members at the same address.
Our preferred method of payment is by credit card. There are two ways you can join or renew online with your credit card:
- On-line on any computer outside the Camera Club (join or renew now!), or
- On-line at the Member Services Computer in the Camera Club Lobby. Our friendly monitors are there to assist, if needed.
- If neither of these methods are possible, you may pay by cash or credit card with one of our friendly monitors.
Center weighted average
Contact Information for Photo Galleries, Slideshows, & Videos: (Click address to E-mail)
- Jim Roberts - Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-777-3326
- Chuck Hill - Showtime@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-829-7693
- Linda Gregory - ScavHunts@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-5121
- Holly Chorba - Travelogue@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-665-9771
- Bryan Lavender - mmSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 509-951-4699
- Carl Sparfeld - FieldTrips@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-9648
- Debbi Sinclair - GVinpictures@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-505-9180
- Wendell Werner - bwSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-829-7178
- Gary Kattge - StudioSIG@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-207-1167
- Tom Aslakson - Nature@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-625-0611
- Mort Spencer - Exhibits@dev.gvcameraclub.org 520-777-6768
All photos on our website pages are the property of our members and downloading or using the photos without permission of the owner is prohibited.
If you have any questions about this site or want permission to use our member photos, please contact us at:
© 2013-2014 Green Valley Recreation Camera Club, Arizona
- Image Files - JPEG, 1024 pixel size, at web-friendly resolution, preferably with Exif meta data
- Presentations (recommended) - PCs: ProShow Gold and Producer output to MPEG-4; MACs: iPhoto and iMovie (also Apple Keynote and Final Cut Pro) output to MPEG4, h.264 . Cross-Platform: Adobe Premiere Elements output to MPEG-4, h.264.
- Video (includes audio) - MPEG4, h.264 codec; NTSC Standard; progressive scanning; 720p to 1080p resolution, 30 fps preferred; 16:9 aspect ratio preferred, 4:3 aspect ratio OK; maximum duration 15 minutes.
- Website presentation and video plugins - Vimeo; shown directly in Wordpress website
- Audio (only) - MP3; The free software program titled "Audacity" is a good audio editor.
- Member Posts - Submissions: .txt and .TEXT files preferred; WORD.doc acceptable
- Member Links - To non-commercial personal outside websites; linked in member's GVCC personal gallery/bio; and approved by GVCC Webmaster
Note: There are other software Titles that are acceptable for developing and outputting suitable formats for presentations and videos to be shown in this website (i.e., Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Elements).
FEATURED PHOTO GALLERY -- "Members Favorite Image"GVRCC members are invited to submit their images for Featured Galleries and other galleries in the Website. Subject matter should support the gallery title. Instructions on how to submit images for our website galleries are provided on the GVRCC "Photographic Image Submission Form" that is available on the sidebar of Gallery pages in this website. Any questions - contact Jim Roberts by email to: Galleries@dev.gvcameraclub.org.The "Members Favorite Image" Featured Photo Gallery is the first of a series of favorite galleries that will be presented during the 2016 -2017 GVRCC season. Look forward to submitting your images in categories such as Portrait, Landscape, Action Sports, Wildlife, Photojournalism, Architecture, etc. Looking forward, member suggestions for Featured Photo Galleries are also welcome.We invite you to send in your ideas for future Featured Photo Galleries. Have a FUN time shooting!Click here to view the Featured Photo Gallery.